I'm Strong: Ephesians 1:15-23
Battle Ready Part 2:
LISTEN TO SERMON HERE:
Group Discussion Guide
Life can be tough. Too often, we’re stressed, overwhelmed, and sad. But if you’re a believer, you have the same Spirit in you that rose Christ from the dead. Through all life’s ups and downs, you aren’t alone. The Spirit of God lives in you—- and because of Him, you are strong.
1. Read Ephesians 1:15-23
”For this reason, because I have heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love toward all the saints, I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers, that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him, having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe, according to the working of his great might that he worked in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. And he put all things under his feet and gave him as head over all things to the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills all in all.”
2. Discussion Questions:
1. Has a situation or life circumstance ever made you feel totally powerless? How did you deal with it?
2. When have you experienced God’s power in your own life? Have you seen it at work in someone else’s life?
3. How does the power of the Holy Spirit impact your life? Do you have categories for how the Holy Spirit empowers us to live the Christian life?
4. When you are weak, God says that’s where His power is the strongest. Are there areas in your life where you feel weak? How do you want to see God’s power work in those areas?
If every believer shared the Gospel as often as you do, how many people would be reached? If everyone gave the percentage of their income as you did, how many churches would be opened? This week, walk in the power of God and take a step out of your normal comfort zone. What are some ways you can do this.
4. Commit to memory: Ephesians 1:19
“…and what is the immeasurable greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His great might”
5. Next Steps
• Consider going to the Dominican Republic March 9-15 to replace a roof for a church! Learn more here.
• For more on this topic go to www.fondrenchurch.com for a blog post written by our Student Pastor Daniel Wagner.