I'm Decisive: Ephesians 5:15-16
Battle Ready Part 6:
I’M DECISIVE: Ephesians 5:15-16
Group Discussion Guide
It’s easy to wonder what God’s will is for different areas of our life. Does He want me to go in this direction or that one? Should I take this job? Should I chase that dream? But God’s will isn't so much where you go or what you should do. Instead, God’s will is that you are faithful to Him no matter where you are or what you are doing.
1. Read Ephesians 5:15-17
“Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is.”
1. What decisions, big or small, are you currently facing? How do these decisions make you feel: overwhelmed, excited, apprehensive?
2. What do you value most?
3. How do your values drive your everyday behaviors?
4. Where do you seek wisdom when it comes to things like your finances, relationships, and leadership? Are those sources of wisdom helping you make good decisions, or do you need to start finding other sources of wisdom going forward?
This week, commit to deepening your wisdom. Spend time in the Word and ask God for help. Perhaps read a book about relationships or parenting or meet with a counselor.
4. Commit to Memory: Ephesians 5:15-17
“Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.”
5. Things to Know
• For more on this topic go here for a blog post written by our Administrative Assistant Tammy Sims.
• Please note there is only ONE service next week. See you at 11:00am!