I'm Protected: Ephesians 6:10-20
Battle Ready Part 7:
I’M PROTECTED: Ephesians 6:10-20
Group Discussion Guide
In Ephesians 6, Paul warns us that there’s a battle going on against an enemy that we can’t see. It’s a spiritual battle that we can’t win without additional help. God has given us armor to use in that battle and we need every piece of it to stand firm and remain victorious.
1. Read Ephesians 6:10-20
“Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. 14 Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. 16 In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; 17 and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, 18 praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end, keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints, 19 and also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains, that I may declare it boldly, as I ought to speak.”
1. What are the different pieces of the armor of God? How are each of those pieces crucial in a spiritual battle?
2. This passage talks about “fiery arrows” that Satan fires at us. In what areas of life do you feel most vulnerable to attack and how have you experienced those attacks? How can you be strengthened in those areas?
3. What is one piece of the armor of God that you need to focus on and intentionally put on this week? Why did you choose that one?
4. What are some things in life that are most valuable to you? What makes them so special?
You have no idea what hangs in the balance as you pray for spiritual protection. Go on the offensive this week against Satan’s attacks. Ask the Lord to protect you and your loved ones. Ask Him also to kill sin in your life. John Owen said, “Be killing sin or it will be killing you.” You can pray something like this: “God I pray for protection over my life, my family, my church, and our country. Cut off demonic ties and remind Satan that he has no power or voice in our lives. In Jesus I pray!”
4. Commit to Memory: Ephesians 6:13
“Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all to stand firm.”
5. Things to Know
• For more on this topic click here for a blog post written by our College Pastor Daniel Wagner.
• Please note there is only ONE service next week. See you at 11:00am!