Sermon: Jesus as Healer
A Doubter’s Guide to Jesus Part 2
Jesus as Healer: Matthew 8:14-17
Sometimes we are faced with seemingly impossible situations. Whether it be job situations, family situations or health situations, at some point we will face difficulty. In Matthew 8:14-17 Jesus shows His power to heal both physically and spiritually.
1. Read Matthew 8:14-17
“And when Jesus entered Peter’s house, he saw his mother-in-law lying sick with a fever. He touched her hand, and the fever left her, and she rose and began to serve Him. That evening they brought to Him many who were oppressed by demons, and He cast out the spirits with a word and healed all who were sick. This was to fulfill what was spoken by the prophet Isaiah: He took our illnesses and bore our diseases.”
2. Discussion Questions:
1. How do you see the majesty of God in this passage?
2. Does this passage inspire you to love Jesus more? Why?
3. Does this passage give you a good lens through which to read the Old Testament?
4. In what ways do you see the compassion of God here?
Notice the way Jesus demonstrates His ability to heal in two ways: physical and spiritual. How does the way Jesus works here help you see more of His glory? In light of this, how can you trust Him more this week?
4. Commit to Memory: Matthew 7:17
“This was to fulfill what was spoken by the prophet Isaiah: He took our illnesses and bore our diseases.”
5: Things to Know
• For more on this topic go HERE for a blog post written by our Administrative Assistant Tammy Sims.
• Mark your calendar for these upcoming Easter events:
Easter Egg Hunt
Saturday, April 13th // 11am, Fondren Park
Good Friday Service
April 19th, 7pm
An evening of worship, prayer, and reflection
Childcare available for ages 5 and under
9:30am & 11am